Skip to main content

Ready To Let Loose And Run?

Being injured is not fun. Also knowing how far to push, how little to push, how much rest, how little rest, how much a lot of things and you risk re-injury. You do too little and you lose a lot of fitness, and you might actually hinder recovery if the area needs to be worked.

So the reality is probably the best thing to do when injured is to see a doctor or go to physical therapy. Once again I am not a medical professional and this is just my personal opinion. However when you factor in schedules, lack of childcare, and money for said Dr. visits, most of the time I don't usually make it to the doctor's office or PT. So with this injury so far I have taken it upon myself to just try to listen to my body.

However I realize had I gone the medical route.....

I might possibly be back to full running at this point. But you have to do what you have to do to make it work for you and your family. So this is where I currently am.

Today's run felt much different then previous runs. The tenderness was much much less. I did take a little time off this week, which gave it additional rest. But I also remembered with my tendinitis in my foot that the doctor had told me to ice the area immediately after my run. I realize with the muscle strain that you don't want the area to be too tight, and you need to have it stretched. But for the last couple of runs, after walking to cool down, I've been icing my hamstring area. I really think that is helping. I'm sure that I have inflammation.

But thankfully I am seeing progress. Lil Man watched Curious George and ate his breakfast, while I got in a few miles on the treadmill this morning.


I haven't tested any inclines yet (other than 1% on the TM)  as that seems to be when the majority of the tenderness comes into play. I have found that running a little faster on the treadmill actually is less tender then running slower. I think it has to do that I shorten my stride when I am running a little faster. Or maybe I just enjoy running faster, and the adrenaline is pumping, and I'm not noticing any tenderness :)

I hope to run outside on Monday. If I do, I will have a few inclines in my route, and we'll see how it holds up.

But I have to say, running 3 miles today, sub 9 pace, did my heart some good.


Share this on Facebook?





HELP ME :) I need your vote. Please click the banner below.  You can vote daily. So if you have voted in the past, please vote again. THANK YOU!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers
If you like my blog, or this post, please take a moment to share it with friends. As they say, sharing is caring :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Care Is Not Selfish It's Necessary

It's not selfish to take care of yourself. It's not selfish to take care of yourself. It's not selfish to take care of yourself. And I'll say it just one more time in case you didn't hear me. It's not selfish to take care of yourself. I have found through experience that when I'm not taking care of myself, not only do I suffer but my family suffers. So ditch the mom guilt and take the time that you need! I have a tendency to keep pushing my needs aside until I reach a breaking point. We've had a very busy fun summer so far. However, I've struggled to get some quality ' me ' time to decompress. I'll spare you the meltdown that ensued. But the reality check that followed prompted me to take action.

Running My Life

Wow, has it really been 2 years since my last post? I suppose that I allowed life to get in the way. For any faithful blog readers, I apologize. Although, I'm not sure how many people actually read blogs anymore. I think most people use other social media platforms.  (By the way, drop by and say hi on Insta. )  But for some reason, each year when I pay for my google domain, I can't seem to let it go. As silly as it sounds, this little space is mine. And lately I've been struggling with ownership and acceptance. And my domain renewal was a not so gentle reminder that I have a voice .  Seriously, you'd think by 48 that I'd have this figured out - nope - apparently not. However, I am wise enough to know that we have a choice to allow situations to harms us or make us stronger. I'm choosing to let this mid-life quandary make me stronger. And because of this, I'm setting goals, taking charge, and reexamining priorities.  Movin' on... 

When The Planner In You Must Be Flexible

In case you haven’t figured this out by now, I’m a planner. I know - shocker right?!? :) So although I love substitute teaching, it’s making the planner in me anxious. And it’s been reeking havoc on my workouts. Basically the morning of or maybe the night before, I find out if I’m working. So my day ( that I thought I had planned ) can be turned upside down in an instant. But, truthfully, isn’t that really the same with everyone?